This course will introduce you to the Canadian seed sector. Once you complete this course, you will understand:
- The difference between certified and non-certified seed
- The seed certification process, from variety development to the sale of Certified seed to commercial producers
- The various seed certification classes
- The role and importance of plant breeders and seed growers
- The roles of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, the Canadian Seed Growers’ Association, and Seeds Canada
This course is complimentary for all learners.